Thursday, January 25, 2024

Pressure Profiling on the Decent Espresso Machine



I\'ve had a DE1+ at my house for the past few weeks and I\'ve already learned a ton. In this post, I\'d like to introduce readers to the \"pressure\" and \"flow\" modes of the Decent. In the next installment we\'ll discuss the \"Advanced\" mode and I\'ll introduce some new ideas about espresso extraction  that I\'ve learned from the machine.  The DE1+ comes with a tablet computer and quite a few sensors.  There are so many sensors that the sensors are literally monitoring each other to ensure they are as precise as possible.  Instead of a boiler the DE1+ has a \"thermocoil\", or continuous water heater (the De1+\'s temperature profiling would be impossible with a traditional boiler), the machine measures temperature just above the shower screen (not at the boiler, a major improvement), and it mixes hot and cold water continually to maintain precise water temperature at the screen.  The steam runs extra hot in order to squeeze the most juice possible out of standard home electricity.  On the

https://www.scottrao.com/blog/2018/6/3/introduction-to-the-decent-espresso-machine

No comments:

Post a Comment