Saturday, January 27, 2024

Drip vs. Immersion: We May Be Calculating Extraction Incorrectly! And, A Contest.



Several readers recently requested a post explaining the differences in measuring extractions of drip vs. immersion brews. I have always wanted to write about this, but didn’t think anyone would want to read such a post :). I’m glad I’ve got a few geeky readers out there.  Writing this post got me to thinking, measuring, and questioning. What I found was shocking, so I discussed it with my friend Dan Eils, who\'s a brilliant scientist with a keen interest in coffee making. I think Dan and I are onto something, and it implies we all may be calculating extractions incorrectly. This post wouldn\'t have been possible without Dan\'s help and our enjoyable week-long debate over these issues.  This post will take some effort to fully grasp, but if you measure extractions, I think it\'s essential to read this and discuss it. Comments are welcome, and sharing this post with other coffee pros is also welcome, as I\'d like to get feedback and ideas from many sources. My hope is that th

https://www.scottrao.com/blog/2017/9/20/immersion-vs-drip-brewing-and-our-first-quiz-

No comments:

Post a Comment